Executive Mentoring is a trusted relationship with the goal of professional and personal development. The mentor is an experienced individual who shares knowledge, experience, and advice with a less experienced person, or “mentee.” They will help light a fire and fan the flame to keep that fire within you burning.
Mentors become trusted advisers and role models – people who have “been there” and “done that.” They support and encourage their mentees by offering suggestions and knowledge, both general and specific. The goal is to quickly and efficiently assist the mentee in achieving their desired results.
Executive Mentoring can help you:
- Gain valuable advice – Mentors can offer valuable insight into what it takes to get ahead. They can be your guide and “sounding board” for ideas, helping you decide on the best course of action in difficult situations. You may learn shortcuts that help you work more effectively and avoid “reinventing the wheel.”
- Develop your knowledge and skills – Executive mentors can help you identify the skills and expertise you need to succeed. They may teach you what you need to know, or advise you on where to go for the information you need.
- Improve your communication skills – Just like your mentor, you may also learn to communicate more effectively, which can further help you at work.
- Learn new perspectives – Again, you can learn new ways of thinking from your mentor, just as your mentor can learn from you.
- Build your network – Your mentor can offer an opportunity to expand your existing network of personal and professional contacts.
- Advance your career – A mentor helps you stay focused and on track in your career through advice, skills development, networking, and so on.
Executive Mentoring vs. Coaching
Coaches and mentors differ in several ways. Coaching, “Pure Coaching” is about drawing out the very best in you. Mentoring is sharing the very best of the mentor with you. Coaching is exploration. It explores your intended future and your current reality. Coaching recognizes the gap and assist you in drawing out actionable steps and goals. Mentoring is impartation. Mentors share wisdom, knowledge, incites, processes, systems, relationships and other resources to help you achieve your goals.
To find out if we’re a good fit for executive mentoring, complete the form on our contact page and schedule your FREE 30 minute consultation. There is no obligation and no sales pitch. The mentor will work with you on where you are and where you want to go. You decide whether the call is helpful enough to take our executive mentoring relationship further
Ready FOR a Change?
It’s All About Transformation! Coaching is extremely effective at transforming, because your coach is always working with you at the point where you are most teachable: the place where you want to change. You don’t have to do it alone. We are here for you and will help lead the way. Ready for a change? We are ready for you.